Tuesday, May 27, 2008

10 Chickens gone :(

It's awful quiet in our basement with almost 1/2 of the flock gone.  I had to sell them though because I wouldn't have had enough room in the hen house for all of them and I have 8 more in the incubator to add to our existing flock.  Christine and her kids came and picked them up this morning.  I'm happy it was someone that will share pictures with me as they grown and change.  Nic says he misses them already ;)  Poor guy!  I sold Stefan's favorite one and MINE too because I was pretty sure it was my male...At least I HOPE..otherwise we would have kept it.  It was the cutest of the birds and we all fell in love with it. 

So we are now down to a flock of 14...and we will add to that whatever hens and one rooster we get from my hatch. The remaining roo's will be sold. The Serama's should be hatching today and the rest should hatch tomorrow or possibly the next day since I had four hours with no electricity right after the first week they were incubated.  No pips as of yet but I'm watching!  I will take pics as soon as I see any :)  I will also try to get a video of it as long as they don't hatch in the middle of the night!  :)  I swear I seen one of the Serama eggs move but it would have been all in my head!  I want them to hatch so bad I'm probably seeing things! 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sad that you had to sell part of your flock. I hope the others hatch ok. Helen

Anonymous said...

Waiting to hear about the new babies.
Take care and Hugs, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

It would have been hard for me to give any away.
Missie

Anonymous said...

I don't know that I could have parted with them!  
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I dont see how you could stand it. I am so pitiful I know. It is so hard to part with any of mine, ever. Thats one of the reasons I have so many! LOL Kelly

Anonymous said...

Ah, sorry to hear you sold some of your flock. I hope your friend sends pics.
XO