Friday, May 23, 2008

Update on the sick chick

Well....I was so worried about the little girl I carried her around because the others were picking on her.  I got an eye dropper and gave her some electrolytes and vitamins mixed in water at the corner of her mouth.  She drank it and about 10 min later she was up and running around with the best of um!  :)  I don't think she was strong enough to drink on her own yet.  Now she's eating and I can't tell which was the sick one and which was the healthy one! lol  She mixes right in now.  I feel so fortunate to have ALL the babies make it and all doing well.  I am SOO in love with all of them and I have to let six go next week wed :(  I wish I wouldn't have put an ad out now :(  LOL  She wants one of the cochins and there is one littler one and one bigger one.  I am in love with BOTH they are both so friendly and love to be by you already.  

The CUTEST thing...I picked up one of my buff brahma's and when I went to put it down it laid in my hand and went to sleep.  I lifted it back up and went to sit on the couch and he slept in my hand for almost 1/2 hour!  I have a picture...I had Nic run to get the camera and I tried to snap it the best I could lol  She slept right through the flash.  There is only a few I can't tell what they are yet.  I know most of them.  I have been watching them for 4 hours now!  LOL  I came up to eat...I was SO hungry. It's noon thirty and I hadn't had breakfast or lunch yet.  I WILL post those videos I just have to eat something fast. 

OH and Chris...these chickens are layers and we WILL NOT eat them!  Oh I could NEVER raise meat chickens!  Not a chance!  Not after today.  These babies will live a happy life here and feed us breakfast every morning :)

Kelly, yes I did dip their beaks in water and most started drinking right away lol It was so funny.  It felt so weird picking them up!  I had never held a bird before and it was just so funny feeling.  They are so tiny! 

Here is the little buff sleeping on my hand.  This is just amazing! :) I could have sat there and cuddled her all day. 



He was so sound asleep his head fell lol. 




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad the little one is ok. Maybe it was just dehydrated. They surely are cute. Helen

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the little chick is getting better.  
Missie

Anonymous said...

Awww they know who their momma is.
Enjoy, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

I think I am falling in love with the little chickies! So cute!
XO

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am sooooo happy to have found you also had this journal!!!  I am just loving all the pics and reading about the chicks.  Well done on the little sick chick!
Lisa