Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Something horrible happened!

We went to Menards to get our chicken coop material (Pics later) and when we got home my son tells me that the electricity has been off for FOUR hours now!  Which means my eggs have had NO heat working and the heat fell and the humidity rose!  Oh I was so upset about it.  My Mil's electricity worked so I ran the bator over there and got it nice and toasty again. I just hope the babies are ok!  

Tomorrow we should be starting on our coop so I will take lots of pictures as we go along :) I can't wait.  I'm not looking forward to being a "gofer" but I wanted the chickens I guess I can go for this and go for that ;)  I have to have the coke and ice ready for the guys too. lol  I think my FIL is secretly excited to start working on this. 

Friday I will be posting pictures of my candling of the eggs.  Hopefully they look like something!  And hopefully they are ALIVE! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!  Maybe you should get a back up generator for the eggs??
Missie

Anonymous said...

I hope the eggs didn't get to cold. Helen

Anonymous said...

OH man, I have had that happen. I still got a good hatch though. It had been down an hour. I will be sitting here on 'eggshells' waiting to hear that the eggs are alright. Hugs, Kelly