Saturday, May 24, 2008

How did our night go with the chicks?? Introduction

Well, when I went down there over 1/2 of the paper towel was off the pine shavings so I just cleaned it up and took out the paper towel.  I wanted to leave it on two days but if they are going to continue to take it off then there is no point wasting paper towel.  They were all pretty active this morning except one who had pasty butt.  She had a hardened  waste on her butt.  So I soaked it well and while I was doing that over the sink (thank god)  she really let loose! lol  She has to feel much better now. lol  I don't know if chicks can die from that or not.  I just know she wasn't feeling the best.  It was not the same one that was sick before...that one is totally normal now :)  I was so scared to go down there this morning thinking some would be dead but they were all great and playing in the shavings.  Kicking it all around...into the water, food, each others  fur! lol  I have to find something to put the water up on.

I have lots of pics to share:  Pictures are below the writings

Here are all the different kinds I got...3 brown stars...I recently thought they were Ameraucana's but I was wrong BUT the white one IS an Ameraucana.  The white one is Isabella and the other one were keeping is one of the ones with less brown on the left side and her name is Bell We had to sell the white one as I thought she was acting maleish :( we really miss her/him (this was updated on 5/28)



Three Salmon Faverolle's One is leaving...the other two's names are Ava and Violet Can't tell them apart just yet.  I will find a way! lol



Two barred rock (plymoth rock) Only keeping one and her name is Olivia



Two Buff Brahma's  (these two girls are my favorite along with the cochins!) Zoe and Abby (darker one)



Two black cochins (Addison is the one in the back were keeping her) Steele will be her mate and he is in incubator  yet.  Lily is also in incubator which will be Steels other mate.  Well, ok Steele will have MANY mates as he is the only male I will have lol.



Two silver laced Wayandottes Saba (the more white stripes) and Kala



Two Black Star (the awesome egg layers) suppose to have three but they shorted me one.  (below) One is darker then the other and her name is Emma and the other is Ella



THESE are the Ameraucana's The puffy cheeked one is Nala, the other two are Zada and Maya we have two left now...we have Nala and Maya



 


Now I have another problem...out of the four chicks below...ONE Of them is a red shouldered yokohama and I can't tell which one that is lol.  THe other three are Gold Stars (yet more awesome egg layers) The Gold Stars are named  Izzy, lola, and Lila





There is my crew of 24 chicks...five possibly six of whom are leaving me on Wed :( 

1 cochin
1 barred rock
1 yokohama
1 faverolle
1 Ameracauna

I will sure miss them!  BUT will replace them with whats in my incubator :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that you haven't changed your mind and just kept them.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

How can you remember who is who? LOL
I wouldn't be able to bet rid of any.  They're just too cute.
Missie

Anonymous said...

I thought you were keeping the yokohoma? I couldnt do it, I would keep them all. ;) Are those the Giant cochins or regular sized that you ordered? The eggs I gave you are Giants. I know you are having the time of your life with those babies. I just love them all. :) Hugs, Kelly