Thursday, May 29, 2008

TWO MORE HATCHED <<<UPDATED>>>

I have FOUR now that hatched out of the eight eggs I set.  I HOPE to get more pips but none so far.  I may end up with a 50% hatch rate which when considering I had electricity go out and had to open the bator many times to get humidity right I guess that's pretty good.  I will post pics tomorrow..hubby has the "good" computer! 

Just went up to check on my 2 new babies and there was ANOTHER pip!  YEAH!  Now I will have four cochin babies!  I just wish that Phoenix would get on the ball and pip!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope all of them hatch for you. Helen

Anonymous said...

I haven't gotten alerts here... You have chicks!!!

I can see why they're addicting, they're soooo cute!

The coop looks amazing, very nice job y'all have done on it.

I hope all's well and can't wait to see the video :)

~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

Mornin Carrie. :) I am still rooting for every egg to hatch. If not, well I can send you more. Which I will anyway. The golden phoenix hen is not sitting on eggs anymore. Three out of five got broken, so she has given up. I have plenty of my own I hatched from them anyway. So, when the two girls start to lay again I will gather some if you want them. The serama are still not laying right now. I hope that will change here soon. Unless you just want the one for a house chicken. ;) Oh I am not kidding...I have this video now, the lady on Youtube, she explains how to make the chicken diaper now, and I will be making Phoenix some so he can roam the house more often. Did I send you the link to that? If not, I will. Hugs, Kelly