Thursday, May 8, 2008

Incubator has been on for two days now.

It's working great...had a little trouble with the turner going off the track but fixed that after I noticed it was not moving.   That was scary as I didn't have enough time to get a new one sent before my eggs from Kelly got here (they should get here today I hope). Then I would have had to turn them all by hand several times a day and I worry about opening the incubator that much!

 The temps has been steady at 99 degrees and I finally got the humidity level to stay still for me at 46% They say to keep it between 45 and 50 % so I like to keep mine at 46-48% for the first 18 days then up to 65% from day 18-21.  I'm going to add a little more water today before my eggs get here so I don't have to add water already tomorrow.  Now i can wait for three more days before I have to touch the water trough.  I did have to cover some of the surface area with Tin Foil as it was to much humidity at first.  It got up to 55% So I covered about 1/4 of the area.  That did the trick. 


Were shopping for wood this weekend ;)  Then were going to be starting on the coop...will take pictures as we go.
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your eggs get there safely soon. Good luck working on the coop this weekend. Helen

Anonymous said...

PS was going to answer your comment and it says your mailbox is full. Helen

Anonymous said...

Old timers tell me to keep it at 100. I have to admit, I have had a better hatch this year compared to last year doing this. I always kept mine at 99 also. Some tell me it can make a difference in whether its a boy or a girl, but I havent really noticed any difference in that. I always get about half and half. Hope the eggs come today. :) Kelly