Sunday, May 4, 2008

May is going quickly

Amazingly May is going by faster then April!  I'm glad about that! 

I want to say...I HOPE I didn't make anyone hate me for that last entry.  I just felt I needed to get that out and off my chest because sometimes people are not aware of what goes on with their foods.  So I thought I would share.  Now that I got it out I won't mention it again unless it pertains to only me.  NOW BACK TO CHICKENS!


Chicksrcute.gif picture by 2breakaway1968

Linda found me this tag..isn't it just so cute!? 

Last night I got the box taped...Kelly, I read your comment to late!  I already had the duck tape in there.  So far so good but I may go in and put some of the large clear tape over top of it. I do have some handy :)

Let me tell ya a little story.  It was NOT fun taping that box as I had to climb in it and plop myself down in the middle (It's a big box lol) to try to do the best I could.  VERY FUNNY...so glad my son was playing wow or I would have had a picture taken of me!  Nic helped by holding the tape in between cuts.  BIG help!  After that was done we opened the wood chips and poured in 1/2 the bag and then over the top went two layers of paper towel (this is to stop spraddle legs AND to teach them what their food is)  they have to stay on the paper towel for 3 days.  Then it's right to the wood chips..by this time they should not want to eat the wood chips.

I made sure the heat lamp still worked and when I turned it on my cat (Jack) ran under it and laid there for a long time!  I didn't have the heart to turn it off lol.  He was just rolling around under it...SO cute!  I wantedto run get the camera but he would have followed me as he follows me EVERYWHERE!  He is where I am, always.  The only time he will separate himself from me is when I'm at the computer or just upstairs where he can hear me...then he goes lays on my bed.  

Ok Monday I'm calling the company I ordered my incubator from to see if I can get a tracking number on it.  I sure hope so!  It's going to be a race as to what gets here first...my eggs from Kelly or my incubator!  I sure hope it's the incubator!  If it's not, I know what to do to store the eggs but I'm just worried because if the eggs are over 7 days old the chances of them hatching goes way down! 

Well I'm off for now...19 MORE DAYS TILL CHICKS GET HERE! And even less before the eggs get here :) 

DID YOU KNOW: It takes four lbs of food to make a dozen eggs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That graphic was so cute. I once put some guinea eggs under a hen, she hatched them off and cared for them just like they were her own chicks. Helen

Anonymous said...

Your right, people didn't know what they eat.  Fresh is better and even better if it is home grown so you know what poisons aren't sprayed on it.  My dad was a dairy man for years, when he had a sick cow he was allowed so much meds in the milk per gallon.  It was good he loved his cows so he took great care of them but he knew other dairymen who used some strong meds that run into their milk.  

debbie